Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Removing the Whirlpool Tub

In the 8 years we have lived in this house, I think we have used the whirlpool tub maybe 3 times.  So, after finding a video on YouTube that showed a DIY jacuzzi tub removal and realizing we could easily do this ourselves, we hired a plumber (probably could have done that ourselves, too, but oh well), and then took the tub out this past Saturday.  Brian's parents came up to help for which we were very grateful!  They had the tub out in one hour (and in one piece!).  I'm so glad I don't have to clean that thing anymore!  Brian's mom then took the girls to lunch at The Rainforest Cafe while the guys and I went to Menards to get some supplies.  After lunch, we all went to see the new Peanuts movie.  It was good and had a good message to it.  We then came back home so the guys could finish cutting a hole in the floor to allow the plumber access to be able to finish capping the pipes on Monday.  We went out to dinner at Olive Garden and then did a little shopping at Kohl's.  It was a fun and busy day!!  We thought our next project was going to be to re-do the floor, however, the plumber mentioned that if we ever plan on replacing the shower, we'd have to un-do what flooring we do put down.  So now we're looking at a possible shower remodel.  And I'm sure it will spiral from there, right?  The good thing is that the bathroom is completely functional, so we don't need to rush!

Before

After...this also exposed the terrible insulation job the builder did on the outside wall.  We'll be fixing that as well.

Getting ready to watch Peanuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment