Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Related to the Ingalls Family!

When I had posted a picture of the girls on Halloween to Facebook, my dad's cousin, Sharon, commented on the photo that one of our great+ grandfathers, Edward Farrington, lived next door to a John, Samuel, and Henry Ingalls.  I did some research online and found that Henry Ingalls was Laura Ingalls' 6th great grandfather.  We were excited that we were once neighbors with a famous family!  But then the excitement grew even more when I saw that Charles Ingalls' mother's maiden name was Colby (this is also my paternal grandmother's maiden name).  Could it be possible that we are related to Laura Ingalls?  So, I did further research on the Colby name and then compared it to research completed by my Great Aunt Marge and dad's cousin, Nancy, on our Colby side and what do you know?  A match!!  Here is the breakdown:

Laura Ingalls -> Charles Ingalls -> Laura Ingalls (Colby) -> Nathan Colby -> Ezekiel Colby -> Nathan Colby -> Joseph Colby -> John Colby -> John Colby -> Anthony Colby

Lindsey -> Frank -> Joanne (Colby) -> Howard Colby -> Roy Colby -> Fredrick Colby -> John Colby -> Abner Colby -> Abner Colby -> Samson Colby -> Abraham Colby -> Isaac Colby -> Anthony Colby

Laura's 6th great grandfather, John Colby, was brothers with my 9th great grandfather, Isaac Colby.

No comments:

Post a Comment