The temperatures were in the 30's, the winds blustery (making the temps feel like they were in the 20's), and occasional snow flurries were falling, but that didn't stop us from trick-or-treating! Hailey was Elsa and Clara was Olaf (from Disney's "Frozen"). Everyone kept commenting on how they were the first Elsa and Olaf duo they had seen. Someone even stopped them while they were going house to house and asked Brian if she could take a picture of the girls! Some of you may remember that I made Hailey's Elsa cape for her birthday back in May. I hadn't made a dress to go with it, but since she was going to dress up as Elsa for Halloween, I knew I needed to make one to complete the outfit. I found a very easy pattern on Pinterest (thank goodness for Pinterest!!) and got it done on Thursday...in time for her to wear at her classroom's Halloween party! Since it was so cold, we drove to a couple streets where some of Hailey's friends lived and Clara kept saying, "Let me out here. I want to go there!" I think she took the "trick" or treat thing literally, because after the first house, she said, "Mommy, they gave me a treat!" Then after every house, "I got candy!" We trick-or-treated and passed out candy until 6:00 and then went over to my sister, Stacy's house to eat some "non-sugary" food and dinner. They were having a small Halloween get-together with my parents and a couple of their friends. It was a fun night!

Our bucket of candy ready to pass out! We got probably 100 kids within the first two hours of trick-or-treating. Our neighborhood is full of kids!
Elsa and Olaf.
Close-ups
Ready to go out!
At Stacy's house. Laura (Elsa) and Adam (an unhappy cow!) are in the middle.
No comments:
Post a Comment