Sunday, March 17, 2013

It Worked!

Until we purchased a water softener, we had very hard water with lots of chemicals, like chlorine, that built up on almost every surface it touched.  Cleaning it was next to impossible!  That is, until I located this blog post from a pin on Pinterest (this is when the internet can be very valuable!):  http://diyconfessions.com/2012/06/11/dull-to-shiny/.  We tried this mixture (a combination of vinegar, lemon juice, and Dawn dish soap) on our clear glass shower doors and were so excited to see that it actually worked!!  Now, I will admit that it didn't get 100% of the hard water off (some places had more water build-up than others), and I did have to scrub it (I truly don't believe there is a product out there that is completely scrub free), but I'm sure if I did another treatment on those difficult spots, it would come off.  I honestly don't think our bathroom has been cleaner!  I also loved that it was safe to breath and safe if the girls accidentally touched it.

I forgot to take a "before" photo, but this is what the doors looked like after we sprayed them down.

The solution...appropriate for this St. Patrick's Day weekend!

The "after" photo.  We also used it on the shower walls and floor.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment