Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sewing Room Progress

Brian's parents came up on Friday evening so Brian's dad could help him finish up the framing for the sewing room.  They were able to accomplish that and get our outdoor Christmas lights hung in one day!  They were both exhausted after finishing, though!  The weather was unseasonably warm...mid 60's...and in the past, we have taken advantage of those days to put up outdoor lights.  Especially when Brian has to walk around on the roof...not very safe after it's rained or snowed to be up there.  We still have to put the lights in the bushes and such, but that's obviously not as difficult and can wait until after Thanksgiving.

While Brian and his dad worked in the basement, his mom, Hailey, Clara, and I went shopping.  I had some rewards dollars to use at the Hallmark store that expired after this weekend, so we used them to buy a Nutcracker ornament.  When you pull the string on the bottom of it, a ballerina twirls around in a bell shaped globe while excerpts from the Nutcracker play.  The Nutcracker has special meaning to me.  When my family lived in Pennsylvania (starting my Junior year of high school), our high school choir was picked every year to send 25 girls to the Philadelphia Ballet performance of the Nutcracker at the Academy of Music to sing in place of the Philadelphia Boys Choir during their "off" week.  We had to audition, and I made it both my Junior and Senior years.  We sang during two performances and it was always such a thrill to be there!  So, whenever I see something Nutcracker related that really helps me to remember that time, I have a hard time passing it up!

We also stopped by the Disney store at the mall.  While making our way through the mall, we happened upon Santa!  Yes, almost two weeks before Thanksgiving!  While I normally would wait until well after Thanksgiving to have the girls visit with Santa, he kept waving at Hailey and interacting with her across the room.  After she asked if she could go and tell him what she wanted for Christmas, I said that was fine.  There was no one in line, so she got to spend a good bit of time talking to him...it was very cute to watch.  I brought Clara over and went ahead and had their picture taken with Santa...which Brian's mom graciously paid for!  Note to self for the future...go a different route to the Disney store!

Brian's mom shows Hailey how to locate all the "C" keys on the piano. 

This weekend's list included finishing the door and closet framing.

Standing in the doorway looking left.

Standing in the doorway looking right.

Clara was not very excited to be sitting on Santa's lap.  Every now and then, she would turn around and look at him for a minute.  I was surprised she didn't start crying within the first couple minutes on his lap! 

No comments:

Post a Comment