We had a very busy weekend! On Saturday morning, our neighbor, Matt, brother-in-law, David, my dad, and Brian went and picked up a new piano we bought from a couple that had posted the piano for sale on Craig's List. We had gone last weekend to make sure the piano was in good shape and to negotiate a price. I am so excited to have a piano in the house again (my family had one when I was growing up)! I still have my old piano lesson books and was surprised at how much I remembered when I opened them up and tried playing again! The last time I had looked at those was probably 25 years ago! Hailey is showing a lot of interest in learning, so I'm going to try to work with her. As soon as we get home from somewhere, she goes right to the piano.
As soon as we finished getting the piano put in place, we got in the car and drove to Indiana to attend Brian's cousin's wife's baby shower. It was fun seeing some of Brian's family that we don't get to see very often! Surprisingly, I didn't take any pictures at the shower!
Today, we went to church in the morning and then over to my parents' house to celebrate my dad's birthday. It was a fun day!
Also, I never had to go back to the courthouse after Tuesday and was officially released from jury duty for the week on Thursday. Very happy about that!
The new piano...a Janssen upright.
We drove through the city on the way to Indiana this time. Love Chicago's skyline!
Playing with the blocks at Poppy's birthday celebration.
No comments:
Post a Comment