Sunday, September 23, 2012

Officially Fall!

Even though the calendar says the first day of Fall was on Saturday, we've been feeling Fall-like weather for a little over a week or so.  This is one of my most favorite seasons, so I'm excited it's here!  The garden production is slowing down quite a bit.  On Saturday night, the temperature got down to 33 degrees...one degree cooler and my tomatoes would have been done for the year.  I'm hoping a few more will ripen before that happens.  I have lots of green ones!

Hailey and her cousin, Laura, had their first "Cloverbuds" 4-H meeting on Monday evening.  They made their name tags and a friendship bracelet (which I've been told can be something they display in the fair) and met the leaders.  Next meeting is in October and they will be going on a hay ride and having a bonfire.  Exciting!  On Friday evening, Hailey and I went to the Scout house and signed her up for Girl Scouts (she will be a Daisy for her age group).  They are still putting the groups together, so we should be getting a call next month with the meeting times and such.

On Saturday afternoon, we made our 3rd annual trip up to the Wisconsin farm where we get our Fall decorations.  The owner asked if the girls would like to see baby chickens.  Of course!  I think that was Clara's first time in seeing baby chickens.  She just watched and pointed.  Hailey was too scared to hold one, but she did pet one.  Once we got back from that, Hailey had her friend from church (who lives in our neighborhood), Sara, over to play.  They had a great time!  I also was able to complete the pumpkin banner I'm going to use for Clara's birthday party.  I really like how it turned out!

Today was church, a quick visit at my parents' house, grocery shopping, homework for Hailey, and football watching.


She's walking much faster now...I think she's on a mission to get to a running pace as soon as she can!

Spinning in the chair...we certainly don't have any fun in this house!

Hailey just left Clara sitting on top of the karaoke machine knowing she can't get down on her own.  Clara and Mommy were not very happy with her (even though she's smiling in this picture).

Lots of pumpkins!!

Hailey and Clara pick out two small pumpkins.

Lots of baby chicks!  The owner said these are just the fryers (eating chickens instead of egg layers).

Hailey pets the baby chick while Daddy holds it for her.

Straw bales...you know me and my barn pictures. :-)

Pumpkin banner made out of felt (and twine for the string).

Another week of growth!

This is another one from the same plant but different vine.  This one is taking on a more elongated shape.

The owl design is really in this year.  I think it is so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment