We got a few things crossed off our project list this week and weekend. It always feels good to cross things off! Given that the outside temperatures were above 100 for 4 consecutive days, we didn't venture out of the house much. This allowed me to get a bunch of cleaning and organizing done. On Wednesday (the July 4th holiday), my parents came over for dinner and dessert. Hailey roped my dad into playing tea party with her outside while Brian and I staked the tomato plants in our garden. My mom watched Clara inside in the air conditioning...guess who got the better end of that deal? On Saturday, Brian had an early morning dentist appointment and then we walked down the street to an estate sale. I found an antique jug for $2 and snatched it right up. When we got home, I looked it up on e-Bay and found that a similar one had 6 bids for $50 on it! I was so excited! We also saw what we thought was an antique grill press, but didn't buy it until looking it up. It was in fact an antique, so Brian went down today to get it. On Saturday, late afternoon, Brian started painting Hailey's room. We picked out a new color...Daffodil Yellow...to create a different look in her room. My brother and sister-in-law, Vince and Austin, got her hanging butterflies for her birthday to decorate with, so we were excited to get that project started! We always use Sherwin Williams paint (the highest line they have), because it usually goes on in one or two coats and looks great! We tried a different line of their paint this time...HGTV Home...because it was a little bit cheaper. Big mistake! We won't do that again. While the paint still looks nice, it took 5 coats along with a primer to cover up light pink stripes that were previously there. I think Brian was going to throw the paint out the window by the time the 4th coat was on and you could still see lines! We finished putting everything back together (along with a new furniture arrangement) and adding the new decorations tonight. I think it looks really cute!
My summer squash plant is doing really well! I cut two off the vine on Saturday.
Still learning as I go along with the garlic. After gently taking them out of the ground, you let them dry for the afternoon in the same spot you took them out.
Brian made this drying rack for me. You have to let the garlic then cure for 2-3 weeks. We put this in our basement as it needs to be out of direct sunlight.
Zucchini plants...I cut a large zucchini off on Saturday as well.
Bell pepper plants...the one on the left has a good sized pepper on it, but it's a yellow variety, so I need to leave it on until it changes color.
We have three trellis' up to support the cucumbers. The out of control plant to the left is a cherry tomato.
Tomato plants all staked and looking much better!
My dad and Hailey having a pretend picnic on the deck.
This was one of our desserts when my parents came over. Yummy!
Getting ready for lunch!
We got some MUCH needed rain in a shower that passed through on Thursday late afternoon/evening. It refilled our rain barrel, so we were very happy about that! It also produced this really pretty rainbow, which you can see extends the whole way across.
Yes, she now is walking her way around things and getting into things she shouldn't be! :-)
My estate sale find!
This is what Hailey's room looked like before (this was when she was almost 2 years old).
And here is what it looks like now! The butterflies are hanging in the corners.
The right hand corner of the room.
No comments:
Post a Comment