Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lake House Trip #2

We just returned yesterday from a 5 day trip to the lake house with our good friends, Jon and Paige and their boys (Avi and Corrick).  We left on Saturday morning and got there around 1 pm.  After dinner, we went out for a quick boat ride and to let the kids try a little fishing.  Corrick was the winner...he caught a 12 inch small mouth bass!  On Sunday, the kids swam in the lake for a little while.  Paige and I drove over to a quilt shop in Eagle River to look for some material we needed for our projects.  After dinner, we headed into Minocqua to watch the Min-Aqua Bats perform (a ski show).  Two guys from the Lumberjack show (another show put on in the Minocqua area) ended up being a comedy act...at first we thought they were drunk and trying to ruin the ski show, but then when they hopped on a pair of skis and the boat took them out, we knew they were a part of the show.  Near the end of the show, one of the boats sprayed the crowd with water.  It got us pretty good...including Clara, who took it like a champ! :-)

On Monday, we drove over to St. Germain to their weekly flea market.  All I could think of for most of the things they were selling was, "One man's junk is another man's treasure."  However, I did end up finding an antique Spinning Wheel that the guy sold to me for $90.  It is in great shape!  I was very excited!  I also found a wooden block with the saying, "When God closes one door, He opens another" stenciled on it.  Jon and Paige found an antique trunk that Paige is hoping to store some memorabilia in.  After lunch and a little rest time, we drove into Minocqua and went to a few downtown stores, including an antique mall where I found a couple other Spinning Wheels for $250-$350.  Made my $90 purchase look great!  We also went to a place called Holiday Acres for a pony ride and go-kart racing.

On Tuesday, Paige and I went to two more quilt shops to look for material while the guys kept the kids entertained.  After lunch, the kids went swimming in the lake again.  Hailey hasn't been swimming much at all, so she hung onto the pier and ladder unless Paige could help her.  That was her first time swimming in lake water, though!  After swimming, the guys took the boat out to see if the fishing was better in the afternoon vs. the morning while Paige and I entertained the kids.  We took them up to a shady spot on some pavement to race their remote-controlled cards and then on a nature walk where they collected lots of wildflowers and pine cones.  We made a bouquet of flowers to display on the kitchen table.  After dinner, we took another short boat ride and then watched the sunset.  Wednesday brought some thunderstorms...which I loved, because we haven't had hardly any by us at home.  We took a group picture before heading for home (but not before making a quick stop at the fudge shop on the way out of town!).  We got home around 8:15 pm.

 More beautiful nature!

Gorgeous sunsets!

 Swimming and paddle-boating

Ski show

Random activities...Euchere playing, snack time, pony riding, and go-kart racing.

Enjoying nature!

 Boat rides and fishing!

Getting ready to watch the ski show.

My flea market find!

Panoramic sunset 

No comments:

Post a Comment