Sunday, November 6, 2011

New Family Pictures

Clara had her one month check-up on Friday.  She weighed 8 lbs. 13 oz.!  That's about 2 and a half pounds in just the first month.  I should check Hailey's weight gain when she was that age to see how they compare, but I'm thinking Clara is gaining faster than Hailey did.  She had to get her second Hepatitis B vaccine, so she was not happy about that at all.  On Saturday, we had some family pictures taken at a nearby studio.  I thought the experience would be a little better than Sears or JcPenny's, but I was wrong.  We felt so rushed and I swear I could have taken better pictures than the photographer did (and she was the owner!).  Maybe I should change my occupation to photography.  On Sunday, we went to church in the morning.  When we got there, we noticed a fire truck parked on a side street and all the lights were out in the church.  Apparently a transformer blew nearby and caused the outage.  Half the congregation ended up in the Chapel service (we have two different types of services at our church in order to accommodate everyone's worship style preferences) and the other half in social hall (which was standing room only by the time we got Hailey settled in Sunday school).  The lights came back on about a quarter of the way through the service.  After church, I asked Hailey what she learned.  She said she learned about Joseph and climbing the mountain which was on fire.  I looked at Brian and said, "Wasn't that Moses?"  I can see how she thought they said Joseph instead of Moses.  They do sound a little similar, and how many people with the name Moses do you encounter nowadays?  When we got back from church, Brian put up our outdoor Christmas lights.  According to the weather man on the local news, this is one of the last "mild" weekends.

A Hailey funny...on our way back from Clara's doctor appointment on Friday, we stopped by my parents' house for a quick visit.  As we pulled into the driveway, a UPS guy was coming down the driveway after putting a package by the front door.  He held up the peace sign as he walked by and Hailey said to me, "Mommy, why did he show us a 2?" :-)


Starting to smile now!

Adding a picture to compare to a couple of my baby pictures below.
Me as a baby.

You'll notice I was losing hair in the same spot as Clara is now.
Sporting the outfit Grammie got her.

 Ready for church!

Photos from Saturday








Smiling at my sister.

I think my Daddy's pretty funny, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment