Sunday, November 20, 2011

Busy Weekend!

I've heard that where there's one mouse, there is always another one.  That was the case for us on Tuesday when our cat brought yet another one (or maybe it was the first one that got in again in a place we've yet to find and seal) up from the basement.  This one had gotten its tail stuck in a trap that Brian had set.  I knew he wouldn't be able to run away very fast, so I put him in another Ziplock container and put it on the deck (for him to, well, not live anymore).  I'm hoping there are no more!

On Friday night, Clara slept 6 hours straight for the first time!

On Saturday, our town was having a Dickens Christmas event where there were carolers, Dickens characters (including Scrooge), and a band roaming the streets.  There were also free trolley rides and refreshments.  My parents, sister, brother-in-law, and niece joined the four of us to see what it was like.  To my disappointment, it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.  It just lacked the appeal it gave in the flyer.  Oh well, now we'll know for the future!  After walking around for a little while, we all headed to the local diner for lunch.  Hailey and I then went shopping in the afternoon.  She needed some shoes for church, and I needed to have her try them on at the store.  We got back just in time for her to eat dinner and then get picked up by my parents and niece to go see the movie "Happy Feet 2".  She enjoyed the movie and especially enjoyed sharing popcorn with Poppy (my dad).

This morning, she had a play date with her friend, Jenna.  She's missed seeing Jenna at daycare since we took her out after Clara was born.  So, she was really excited to get to go over to her house.  This afternoon, she and Brian drove up to the Milwaukee Theater to watch a Disney Princess play with my sister, brother-in-law, and niece.  It's been a whirlwind of a weekend!  Especially for Hailey!  I wouldn't be surprised if she falls asleep early tonight!

 I had put Clara in the crib to take a nap.  Hailey asked me why I had the monitor on downstairs and I told her that I put Clara down for a nap.  Pretty soon I heard Hailey on the monitor and this is what I saw when I got up there.  She had also turned on the mobile and as you can tell, Clara was loving it!

Taking a walking break for a picture during the Dickens Christmas event.  Laura, Grammy, Hailey, and Poppy.

I'm not sure if this picture is the result of Hailey making an evil face or if it's because her forehead is pressed up against the glass (on the inside of a store-front window).  Either way, it made for a pretty funny picture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment