Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Experimenting

Hailey had a party at school today..."Pirates and Princesses".  After her bath last night, I decided to braid her hair and have her sleep on it, so her hair would be wavy for the party.  Something different and fun.  After we got it all put together, she really liked it, but then said, "My friends are going to laugh at me."  My heart sank...isn't she too young to be worrying about what others think?  I assured her they wouldn't (while praying that was true!).  After picking her up from school, I asked her if her friends liked it, and she said they did, so thankfully it sounds like she had nothing to worry about.  Here's how it turned out:

 From the front

The back
Watching Emma eat before heading off to school.

We also took some pictures tonight after we got home and then I experimented with some settings in our photo software.

Two of my most favorite people in the world!

This was an "old camera" setting.
There is a show on the Sprout channel which plays a lullaby song that Hailey likes to sing along with.  I was able to get her on camera this time...sorry for her constant moving around, though!


A Hailey funny...
- Yesterday on the way home from school, she was telling me that we were now in Summer and next was Fall (they were obviously learning about Seasons that day).  I asked her if she knew what was going to happen this Fall.  She said, "No, what?"  I said, "The baby is going to come out of Mommy's tummy."  Then her random thoughts started coming out.  "Well, where can the baby lay down?  I know!  A crib!  Aunt Stephanie has two cribs...and we have a crib!"  Then..."If the baby falls out of your tummy onto your legs, I can catch it."

No comments:

Post a Comment