Brian did a lot of traveling this past week. He was gone Tuesday to Wednesday and then Thursday to Friday. I don't think you ever get used to your spouse being gone, but I'm learning to tolerate it more. :-) However, one of the times it can be the worst is when you have a child throwing up. Thankfully this happened on Thursday night when I didn't have to get up and go to work on Friday morning, so I know it could have been worse. Hailey had complained of not feeling well on Wednesday and said her throat was hurting her. Brian asked her where and she pointed to the base of her throat, which he thought she was just mimicking Ariel from The Little Mermaid (she happened to be watching that at the time) when Ariel lost her voice. Then she complained of the same thing on Thursday to me and pointed to the same area saying that she was going to throw up. I'm now thinking something like acid reflux, but she said her tummy did not hurt. She wasn't running a temperature, so I really thought it wasn't anything. We went to bed (she usually sleeps with me when Brian's gone) and about 11:15 she sat up in bed and started throwing up (she hadn't been coughing or anything). I had her slide down from the bed and go in the bathroom where she threw up one more time in the sink. She definitely needed a bath and I needed to get the sheets off the bed before it got down to the mattress. She didn't cry at all after throwing up (which she usually does if she's miserable). I managed to get her a quick bath, hair combed, her in pajamas and in her bed, sheets started washing, sinks cleaned, sheets into the dryer, and then myself into the guest bed (thankful for a guest bedroom!) by 12:30 pm. The baby was now wide awake and kicking me, so I wasn't able to fall asleep for another 20 minutes, but I felt pretty good for having accomplished all that without Brian home and being pregnant! Hailey never threw up after that and was back to normal the next day, so who knows what it was. We still laid low on Friday just to make sure. I worked some more on my scrapbook and was able to get two more pages done. I also harvested quite a lot of vegetables from the garden that were ready to go!
On Saturday, we met up with Stacy, Doug, and Laura to see Aladdin (live theater) at the Lincolnshire Marriott. The theater is a theater-in-the-round, so you really don't have bad seats. We ordered the tickets well enough in advance that we were able to get seats in the second row and on the end. The girls loved the show and Hailey was even singing along with some of the songs! We went out for lunch afterwards at Red Robin. We did some wedding gift shopping (Brian's co-worker is getting married next weekend) after that and then came home to do some work around the house.
Sunday morning, Brian got our new screen door put up in the front of the house without any help. I was impressed! The screen gets replaced with glass in the winter to help protect our wooden door from the elements. It will be nice to have the front door open in the Fall and Spring (when the screen is in) to bring through the fresh air. He also filled up Hailey's pool so she could go swimming and staked our tomato plants that had started to fall over from the weight of the growing tomatoes. He was busy! I worked on cleaning, more scrapbooking, grocery shopping, etc. My parents and aunt and uncle came over for dinner. We grilled hamburgers and potatoes, boiled corn, and Brian and I made a summer salad (with some of the vegetables from our garden). It was a good summer dinner!
Here's what we were able to harvest just this weekend...more beans, broccoli, summer squash, zucchini, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
We sauteed the summer squash and zucchini with some mushrooms, onions, dill and chives for dinner on Saturday night.
The summer salad for Sunday's dinner...cabbage, cucumber, tomato, onion, and green pepper.
The new screen door...the screen makes the wood look darker.
No comments:
Post a Comment