Sunday, January 9, 2011

Baby Shower!

We had a good week!  Brian traveled on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday for work...talk about getting right back into the swing of things!  On Friday, I had another EKG done to see how my heart is responding to my depression medication.  Unfortunately, my QT interval went up by 15 points from a month ago, so I'm not holding out hope I'll be able to continue taking it.  I'm sure my EP will call tomorrow and let me know.  I'm a little bummed, because I was really starting to feel better on it.  On Saturday, we held a baby shower for my sister, Stephanie at her in-laws' church.  We had a great turnout and Steph received lots and lots of great gifts!  We are so excited that the babies will be here in possibly a little over a month!  They are already measuring three and a half pounds at 30 weeks!  We tried out a new church this morning...a Community Bible church.  We didn't get the "Oh yes, this is the right one" feeling, but we will give it a couple more visits and see how we feel then!  We made a trip to Walmart this afternoon to get groceries for the week and on the way back, Hailey was playing her Leapster.  Brian & I were talking and we had the radio on, so Hailey says, "Guys!  A little quiet here!  I can't hear my game!" :-)

 We played a version of bingo while Steph was opening gifts.

Cheese platter, cupcakes, and prizes.

Cake (which said "Showers of Blessings" on the top), nuts and mints.

This was towards the beginning of the shower.  By the end, almost every seat at every table was taken.

Balloons for two little girls!

 The mother-to-be.

Lots of fun gifts!  I love baby things!

 Brian made this toy box for the babies.  He's made one for Hailey & Laura as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment