Our house is over 10 years old and so is some of the landscaping. The Arbor Vitae's were now over 13 feet tall and getting wider at the base, covering up some of the sidewalk. So, we figured it was time for a change. With the help of Brian's parents and our neighbor, Matt, we took down 4 Arbor Vitae's and 3 deciduous bushes on Saturday (our yard waste pickup guy is not going to like us this week). I'm starting to figure out what I want to plant in their place. I need to go to a couple nurseries around here and see what my options are. We'll most likely get the new bushes planted in the Spring.
The year we moved in...2008.
Five years later in 2013. The Arbor Vitae's were a nice size.
Three years later in 2016. Arbor Vitae's are really tall.
One tree down!
Matt arrives with the horsepower to pull the roots out.
Bushes out!
All gone!
Looking a little bare now, but next year at this time will be much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment