Thursday, February 11, 2016
Mother of the Year
I get the Mother of the Year award this morning. Clara has preschool 3 days out of the week, and on those 3 days, I have to leave Hailey and my niece, Laura, at home by themselves for 5 minutes while I take Clara to school. Their responsibility is to shut the garage door and walk down to the bus stop. Well, this morning, the garage door keypad didn't want to work. Hailey thought I was staying at Clara's preschool for 2 hours, because they were having their Valentines Day party, so she was panicked that someone might break into the house if the garage door was left open. The bus goes right by our house, so the driver sees them trying to shut the garage door. Hailey tells him that it's not working, so he asks who is at home. Her reply, "Umm, the cats?" He said, "Okaaay, who else is home?" She says, "My little sister is at a Valentines party at school and my mom is with her." So, he says for them to stay there and wait for someone to get home. The two of them go inside and scroll through the recent calls until they find Brian's phone number. They call him (he's at a farm show in Kentucky) and he calls me saying, "The girls missed the bus." I try to hurry home as fast as I could so I can try to get them to school before being tardy. I called the house a couple times to tell them to meet me outside when I got home, but apparently they were on the phone with my parents asking them if they can come get them and bring them to school. So my dad then calls me to see if he needs to come get them. We missed the bell by 3 minutes, so they got their first tardy, but hey, like the principal said, they are there! So now the bus driver, principal, and school secretary all know I leave them home by themselves for 5 minutes. Hopefully my next phone call today isn't from DCFS!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment