Thursday, October 1, 2015

Clara's 1st Day of Preschool

We enrolled Clara in a preschool put on by our high school for this year, even though she has two more years before she goes to Kindergarten.  The high school students plan all the lessons and activities (approved by their teacher, who is also the main preschool teacher).  It's just two hours every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  She was a little nervous for her first day yesterday, but she was very excited when I picked her up to tell me that they got to do a couple crafts.  One of them was a hot air balloon painting that they then hung up in the classroom.  She said she accidentally glued herself.  I laughed right out loud.  A little more explanation revealed she got glue on herself when turning the paper over.  She was disappointed that she couldn't take it home with her.  I told her that she'd be able to take it home eventually, but for now, they are using them as decorations.  She didn't care, she just wanted to bring it home. :-)  She also reached into her bag and pulled out two pieces of paper (it noted what activities they did and what letters and such they worked on) and said, "I also got these.  They are probably for you, though."  Oh she is so funny!  Her cousins, Natalie and Emily, are also enrolled in the class, so she likes having someone there she knows.  There are 20 kids in the class!  I'm sure she will have lots of fun!

1st day of preschool!

Standing in front of a wall mural near the preschool room.

Coat and bag hung up and ready for some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment