Today was the 100th day of school for Hailey and to celebrate, the kids could come to school dressed up as an old person. Their homework was to bring in a collection of 100 things (obviously small in nature). So, we chose to do a collection of 100 photos of family members. It certainly helps to have a resident genealogist (wink, wink) with access to 100 photos of family! Our plan for dressing up included turning Hailey's hair gray with gray hairspray, but I had no luck finding any at the store. So, we curled it instead. The end result didn't look anything like an old person (thank goodness my mom had an old set of my grandmother's pearls for Hailey to borrow...that was the only thing that ended up looking old), but at least it was an attempt, right? Hopefully her day ends up better than this morning was. She was in tears and mad because she said curling her hair hurts. Then she didn't like or want to wear the shoes I picked to wear with the outfit. She kept telling me that her teacher said they didn't "have" to dress up. I tried to be positive and tell her that she looked beautiful and all she responded with was, "No, I don't". All I can say is thank goodness it's Friday!!
The oldest relative I had a picture of was Hailey's Great-Great-Great Grandfather, Charles (on my dad's side of the family), who was born in 1842. His picture is 2nd from the right in the very bottom row.
Our attempt at an old lady.
All finished!
No comments:
Post a Comment