We attended a "Blessing Bowl" event at our church on Friday night. We ate a small dinner and then started adding "blessings" to our bowl, such as scripture verses, potpourri, rocks, crosses, poems, etc. You can put anything in it that reminds you of the blessings God has bestowed upon you, helps you stay connected to your faith, or requests something you are in need of prayer for. The blessing bowl can be placed in a conspicuous spot in your home, or in a less obvious place, where only members of your family can see it. You can place around the bowl candles, crosses, or anything else that represents special faith symbols to you. I'm not much of a meditative person (and this seemed like a type of meditative reflection), so in all honesty, this was for me (and I think Brian, too) a little different and slightly uncomfortable. Maybe I'll have a better appreciation for it as time goes on! However, the fellowship with and meeting other members of the church was a lot of fun! Our pastor took this picture of us there:

No comments:
Post a Comment