Also on Sunday, we went over to my parents' house to celebrate Father's Day. We ate lots of good food for lunch and caught up on the latest. It was a fun day!
A couple Hailey funnies:
- Hailey had been practicing her songs for VBS and Clara kept running into her with her walker (wanting to be in on the action). Hailey got so annoyed that she took Clara's orange stacking ring, threw it down the hallway, and said, "There! Go fetch it, girl!" Hailey has always called Clara "girl" from the beginning, so it was very funny to hear it in this context!
- During another time that Hailey was practicing her songs, Clara was using her hand over her mouth to make an "ahh ohh ahh ohh" sound. Hailey said, "Clara, stop it!" I said, "Hailey, she's just trying to sing and dance with you." She said, "But I don't like it when she makes that noise with her hand...I can't hear my song." I said, "She's just trying to sing along with you." She said, "Well, when she gets the proper voice, I will show her how to properly sing!"
- I was reading the book called, "Mommies Say Shhh" by Patricia Polacco to Hailey and Clara. This book is a must have for little kids if you don't already have it! Clara had fallen asleep in my arms drinking a bottle and listening. When we got to the page where you make a pig sound...Hailey volunteered her pig noise and made Clara laugh right in the middle of her sleep! We laughed so hard! This book brings back a cute memory for me of when I read this to Hailey when she was probably two years old. There is a sentence in it that reads, "Bunnies say nothing at all." When I would get to that sentence, Hailey would always say, "Bunnies say nuffin at all." I can still hear her say it. :-)
There probably won't be too many more years that I'll be able to find matching outfits for the two of them!
First day of VBS!
Getting ready to sing. Hailey is in the pink shirt and khaki shorts next to the little boy with a white shirt and khaki pants.
Singing one of the songs from VBS..."I'm Gonna Choose".
Singing another VBS song..."Claim the Name".
After singing, they listened to the Children's Sermon.
And then they prayed...I love the little kid in the orange shirt...he's praying hard!
Natalie (at our Father's Day celebration)
Emily
Clara
3 out of the 5 cousins. Hailey and Laura were upstairs playing most of the time, so I didn't get any pictures of them!




No comments:
Post a Comment