Sunday, March 4, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

I actually took only one picture this past week...hard to believe!  It's been a slow week and it even felt like one.  And now that I know I'm quitting my job, May can't come fast enough.  My mind is already reeling with the many things I want to do.  Quilted bedspread for the guest bedroom, quilted curtains for both our bedroom and the guest bedroom, scrapbooks for the girls, genealogy book, gardening, canning, etc.  I also promised Hailey trips to our neighborhood park.  I can guarantee you I will not be bored for several years.

This week also brought little decisions here and there.  Cranial Technologies finally heard back from our insurance company that they didn't have a confirmation of coverage after their review, they would just need to refer to the policy.  That took a week??  So, they looked over our policy and determined that Clara needed to be at least 5 months before treatment begins and needed to have a medical determination.  We had the second part, but because she just turned 5 months yesterday, we had to again wait to schedule the first appointment.  We also had to agree to making up the difference between the covered amount (if the insurance company approves it after submission) and the contracted price with the insurance company of $2,000 if the insurance company denied it.  So, I'm taking a vacation day on Tuesday to get the digital scan done so they can make the helmet.  The helmet then supposedly takes 14 days to come in, so we set up another appointment two weeks later to get fitted.  If it comes in sooner, they will give us a call.

We were going to put up our new window film in the upper family room windows this weekend, but couldn't figure out how the two of us could both be on a ladder (and safely!) to install something that was getting online product reviews for being very difficult to install.  My mom suggested calling a window cleaning company to see if they would install it for us.  We found one we liked and felt he had a very reasonable price (we are even using their film), so we just need to schedule a time for them to come out and install it.  I'll be excited to have this done!  Our new blinds for the lower windows in the family room will be in tomorrow, so we'll have those installed by next weekend.

On Friday I had a breast MRI done.  The first MRI I've ever had.  After testing positive for the breast cancer gene due to a strong maternal family history of breast cancer, my doctors and genetic counseling center have recommended additional screening measures (along with removal of my ovaries no later than age 40...not sure if I'm going to go through with this or not) to combat any cancer early on.  I'm praying they don't find anything on the MRI, but I've been told MRI's generate a lot of false positives, especially on the first one because they have nothing to compare to.  So, let's hope there isn't even anything for them to be concerned about to require follow-up testing.

Ending this post is the one picture I took this week...thanks Aunt Shelley for such a cute outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment