Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back to Work

This week was my first week back to work from maternity leave.  It wasn't bad, but it was also a short week because of the New Year holiday.  I had 657 emails to go through, which isn't too bad for being out for 3 months.  By the end of the day on Thursday, I was more than halfway through them.  I have to give a lot of credit to my boss and the people I work with for handling my job when I was out.  They had to do their own jobs plus mine, and I'm sure it was very stressful!  The same day I returned to work, I got my first head cold of the cold and flu season.  Sore throat, stuffy nose, coughing, etc.  So far, the rest of the household doesn't seem to have it to that extent and I'm praying it stays that way!

On Friday, a childhood friend of mine, Mary, was in the Chicago area for work meetings, so she decided to come up for a visit.  {Hailey funny...When I told Hailey that Mary was coming for a visit, she asked me if she was coming down from the sky with baby Jesus. :-)}  It was so great to see her, since it had been over a year since our last visit!  She had ridden up with a co-worker to the meetings and didn't have a car of her own, so Brian drove over to pick her up after work on Friday and then drove her back down on Saturday morning.  We had a great time catching up!

We spent the rest of the weekend laying low and working on a few projects.  I'm hoping to feel better soon, so I can be more productive this week and next weekend.  We have a huge winter project we'd like to get started...cleaning out the basement!  Sounds like fun, right?

  Mary and I


 
 "Well, look at this?  I'm holding on to something!"

 "My big sister is a great source of entertainment!"  Gee, I wonder if one would think a baby lived in this house??

Watching TV with Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment