On Saturday, we did a little shopping in the morning and then our friends, Dave and Erika, stopped by for a quick visit. We spent the rest of the afternoon/evening cleaning and decorating. This is the longest it's taken to get the house decorated, but with Brian being gone and having to care for a 2 month old, I'm way behind. I have one last box to go through today and then I'll be done.
On Sunday, the four of us were in charge of lighting the candles on the Advent wreath at church. We lit 3 candles since it was the 3rd Sunday in Advent. After lighting them and doing a reading, one of the pastors, Rev. Luke, did the children's sermon. All of the kids in the congregation come up and sit on the floor in front of the Narthex to listen. Hailey made sure to sit right next to Rev. Luke and even had her arm resting on his shoulder at one point. :-) I'm sure Jesus was sitting there among all of them loving every moment! "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." - Mark 10:14-15
Brian is taking a vacation day tomorrow and my mom is watching the girls so that Brian and I can do some uninterrupted Christmas shopping. I'm excited!
Hailey funnies:
- During a conversation about good behavior I said to her, "Hailey, Mommy doesn't like yelling at you or having to spank you." She said, "Well, maybe you should smack me on the face instead and get rid of the wood spoon." At least we know the wooden spoon is effective.
- When asking her if she knew that Uncle Vince's birthday was on Friday, she said, "Am I invited?" To her, every birthday celebration means a party right now! When my friend, Laura, stopped by on Friday, she said to Hailey (jokingly), "Did you go to Uncle Vince's birthday?" She said, "Nope, I wasn't invited."
Brian showed Hailey how to make red and green paper chains to decorate for Christmas...something we both did when we were younger. Here was the beginning.
One completed for her bedroom window!
All bundled up and smiling to go out shopping on Saturday!
Lighting the candles...I love how Hailey's looking up to watch.
A quick picture after the service was over.
A cute outfit from my co-worker, Cindy. Clara was having a hard time keeping her eyes open for this picture...she was getting tired. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment