We have a lot of cleaning left to do...next weekend is the upstairs. And then we need to start preparing the baby stuff. The difference between this baby and Hailey when it comes to clothing is that Hailey was going into the Summer season whereas this one will be going into the Fall season. So, I need to do inventory of what I have to start out with. I have truly forgotten what all you need to bring a new baby home to. It's been over 4 years since the last time we did this!
Also, this past weekend we made Salsa from several ripened tomatoes from our garden. My mom found a packaged Salsa mix that you just add tomatoes and vinegar to, cook it down and then freeze, can, or eat. We chose to can it. I might consider trying a homemade Salsa recipe next year, but I'm glad we were able to at least preserve some of the delicious tomatoes from the garden. We also froze more green beans...they are plentiful this year along with the cucumbers! We sauteed up some green beans to have with some chicken Brian grilled on the new grill for a delicious dinner on Monday night.
Scald the tomatoes for 3 minutes in boiling water, dip in cold water and peel skin off. Cut core out and chop tomatoes.
Add chopped tomatoes and vinegar to packaged mix and simmer for 10 minutes.
Can Salsa and boil in water bath for 40 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment