Also on Saturday, we started out the morning at the bank getting a car loan to buy out Brian's company car lease. We had the option of buying a new car, but we kept a low monthly payment by buying out the lease instead. We then went over to Kohl's to get some Fall clothes for Hailey (she grows out of clothes so fast!) along with a new carpet cleaner, because our current one broke. We had a 30% off coupon, so I knew we needed to make sure we thought of everything we need right now. After Kohl's, we stopped by my parents' house to have lunch with them, because my aunt, uncle, and cousins were up for a visit. It was a busy Saturday!
Today was more cleaning and a visit from our friends, Dave and Erika. They came over for lunch, and we watched the Bears game. After they left, back to more cleaning! :-)
Now begins the dropping of the acorns from our oak tree. Brian had raked what had fallen so far into a pile. Hailey was then enjoying shoveling them into her bucket to then dump in the trash bag.
On Friday morning, I cut bunches of herbs out of our herb garden to begin drying. I tied the bunch with some twine, covered it with a paper bag (to avoid any dust from falling onto them), and then hung them on a wooden drying rack. I dried Italian basil, Lemon basil, Oregano, Thyme, Tarragon, Sage, and Rosemary.
Hailey practices her photography skills by taking a picture of us with Dave and Erika.
Being silly.
Hailey funny...she's been "talking back" to us a lot lately, so when disciplining her, we tell her to "stop talking back". She'll get frustrated and say, "No, I'm talking front and you're talking back!" Do you think she's not getting what talking back means?



No comments:
Post a Comment