The example hanging in the Little House museum.
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Little House on the Prairie Quilt: Block 17
Our first block for "These Happy Golden Years" represents Laura's Dove In the Window quilt that she pieced together as a little girl. It had been diligently cared for over the years and now that Laura was marrying Almanzo, she would have a quilt for their bed. Unfortunately, in the first few years of their marriage, their house caught fire and the quilt was gone with the house. So, we don't know what colors she used. When we visited the Little House museum in June 2016, I took a picture of an example they had hanging in one of the rooms. I liked how having just two colors made the pattern stand out more. So, I chose a burgundy flower and an off-white fabric to put this block together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment