I'm always wishing for more garden space to grow more vegetables, so my parents said that we could use their yard. Since it was going to be a beautiful 70 degree day, we took advantage of it and got the plot dug up! We first thought we were going to take the sod off by hand using shovels and rakes but instead ended up renting a rototiller. Still hard work, but saved a lot of time. Our plan is to plant corn, potatoes, pumpkins, and cantaloupe in this garden. I can't wait!
The girls had fun running around outside in the warm weather!
My dad and Brian took turns working the rototiller. It looks small, but it's pretty heavy!
Getting there!
Raking out the bigger grass clumps and leveling everything out.
The girls liked the feel of the dirt on their feet.
All ready! I think it worked out to be roughly 21 feet by 21 feet.
No comments:
Post a Comment